Saturday, August 01, 2009
blog
Recently, I have decided to plunge into programming once again. Not the algorithm/comp-sch kind which I have given up a long time ago but the application kind.
It's being a blast learning about the intricacies of C#.NET programming which is the primary platform I am using now. I have learnt to bring together C# and MySQL which still remains my favourite database. Also, it took me quite a while (3 weeks to be exact) to figure out how to control the guardroom's new barcode scanners to C# but now the result has been encouraging. It's also worthwhile mentioning that Windows GUI programming seems like a breeze in C# compared to C/C++.
Other than C#, there's still my trusty PHP/MySQL platform for web projects. Quite nice to revisit them after some period of neglect. Sadly, I haven't gotten used to using OOP in PHP but I guess I will get used OOP in PHP someday.
Till then, hello world!
shermon blogged @ 11:36 pm
0 comments
Profile
name: ong kah han shermon
b-day: 12 feb
pri sch: pei chun public school 1996->2001
sec sch: raffles institution 2002->2005
jc: raffles junior college 2006->2007
bmt: cougar coy, platoon 3, 01/08
ocs clm: delta wing, platoon 1
ocs svc term: air wing, flight 3
ocs pro term: afs, c3 wing
unit: ???
ccas: rinpcc, ricsc, rj club alchemy, recas
Photos
Graduation Night 2007