Tuesday, March 03, 2009
blog
I went for driving lesson late last friday night.
Two things happened. Make it one significant one and one not-so-significant.
First, the not-so-significant one:
Well, basically, when I walking to board a bus, there was this girl that just walked past in front of me to board the bus in front of the one I am boarding. In other words, she just cut across my path.
The total time my eyes set on her was around quarter of a second. Yet, I was amazed at the speed my brain started ticking off a mental checklist. I must admit that she did register many ticks. Nevertheless, it was an amazing demostration of the fact that we humans are still pretty much driven by our hormones.
I thought that was all for the night.
I was wrong. Here comes the show.
Basically, I was taking 87, a double decker. There was this other lady seatinga around 2 rows of seats away. She started talking to herself in a rather loud voice. Worse still, she, sitting on the aisle seat, was facing the empy inner seat and seemingly talking to the space (or more like her reflection in the window).
I thought it was just another random mumble-jumble and she will stop after a while. Her stamina took me by surprise. From the moment I got onto the bus till the moment I got off, she kept her one-(wo)man talkshow running for a good 35 minutes straight. Apparently, it was some rant about the government as evident from words like "国法政治政策", "高薪" and "还说是人人平等".
Unsurprisingly, other passengers threw her curious looks at first which turned to annoyance and irriation shortly after that. I, however, was blissfully listening to my iPod and her rant was reduced to nothing more than background buzz.
So much for a trip to the driving centre. Driving, thankfully, was uneventful though.
shermon blogged @ 9:53 pm
0 comments