Friday, August 10, 2007
blog
A levels is only barely 2.5 months away and prelims is unfortunately round the corner.
Yet I have found plenty of inertia within myself when wanting to start on revision. The physics tys is untouched and neither the physics nor chem mcq tys books I bought touched.
I guess it is all due to the fact that I try to study in front of the computer. At the moment of sitting down on the chair, I have the motivation to do something constructive. 3 seconds later, I will be unable to resist the temptation of browsing Google News that by the time I realised that I have wandered off too far, a good hour has passed. Add to the the hours of sleep and potential study time I wasted on dota and the 'what-if's just pile up intimidatingly.
Often, a strive to finish something fast results in more procrastination and distractions due to the perceived greater amount of time available. Something must be done.
I gave up playing 1 online game, becoming less active in 4 others. Also, it is good to call time-out on dota. My last game was decent and there is absolutely no need for me to play another to attempt to erase embarrassment or pseudo-vindicate myself.
I only hope that this time, in taking 1 step forward, I do not retrograde 3 steps. The era of achievement with regressing motivation is over. In its place is a period of undying motivation towards an end.
shermon blogged @ 12:11 pm
0 comments