Sunday, October 08, 2006
blog
It is really annoying with this thick layer of ash/smoke/particulate matter disturbing and interfering with your vision coupled with the burning smell in the air. My eyes have started to tear easily and my face is starting to degenerate to the state last found when I was in an equally dusty city called taipei. Have started to turn the aircon on for longer periods of time and for a person like me who thrive on fresh, free-flowing air, this few days have been miserable.
Watched Rob-B Hood today. Hilarious, some parts are cliched, some parts are just a bit too slow for my liking, but the humour, thankfully, did not degenerate to slap-stick humour. It could have been more succint, but I believe it is better than The Banquet at least.
For the next 2 weeks, I have already seen myself being crushed by the number of stuffs that needs to be settled/done. Maybe it is just the quantity that is frightening me. Perhaps after some rational thought and organisation, I can probably sub-divide them into simpler tasks. divide et impera -> divide and conquer. How useful.
Sometimes I just wonder, is it really important for me to consider the actions/feelings/consequences of others when I do something? I live for myself only and the feelings of others should not be my major concern. Instead, I should just be answerable and accountable to myself only in whatever action I do, in spite of the possible consequences that others may like to 'bestow' on me.
But then again, it is important to note that homo sapiens are essentially a societal species. Without society, there's no us. Yet, with no us, there's no society. This delicately balanced symbiotic relationship serves to show that our actions should take into account society's standpoint. No doubt rational self-interest is greatly desirable from our individul points of view, but this is a real world. We have no choice but to adhere to societal norms and values, not only to our own values only.
Maybe that will come one day when we are individual enough not to care about society's viewpoint anymore.
That day will be when we cease to exist, cos there's no us without society and there's no society without us.
wdv.
shermon blogged @ 1:20 am
0 comments