Friday, September 15, 2006
blog
Wee! Finally, I managed to reduce the WR from 3574 words to 3000 words exactly without compromising on content, thanks to my 1337 rephrasing ability and my honed technique at removing unnecessary articles. Now, all I need to wait for is for cq to finish his cover page as he claims he still does not know what to put on it. Nvm. He has all night to think about it. PW Midnight Express has just made a pit-stop, for now.
I just realized that I have not finished the vocab for GP tomorrow. Nvm got 4 periods to do 2 weeks worth tomorrow. Still have not started mugging for promos, but I swear I did learn some concepts from physics make up tutorial today. xD = d-lamda; n-lamda = dsin theta. Physics FTW!
And yes, someone from our batch committed suicide yesterday. Really sad although I am unsure of the reason behind, but I shan’t speculate. Sometimes it pays to be emo. At least you do not bottle up all your emotions and collapse/implode under its weight. Be emo and let it out. Some people just have the ability to have a wide range of emotions that even the English vocabulary have trouble finding adjectives for, but for simple, ordinary people like me, I am just a normal person with normal emotions. Nothing more than necessary, nothing less than necessary.
Blogging from MS Word is fun. At least my parents and sister cant tell that I am blogging. Only irritating thing is that word auto capitalizes some words for me, but I am just too lazy to switch it off.
And yes, I hate the smell of evaporating rain after a tropical thunderstorm. The heat and humidity is a bad combi. I like fine rain/drizzle/intermittent light rain. Thunderstorms are up there on my ‘hate’ list, unless it rains for a long long time, like it did some months/years ago.
Succumbed to the temptation to borrow a book today in the library. Got an ‘Instant Notes in Physical Chemistry’ today. Dunno if I have the time to read it or not. Maybe see first. Bedtime reading perhaps?
Watched the first 4 parts of Battle Royale today. It is really sick and sadistic. I can’t seem to accept the zero-sum game concept behind the whole thing. No doubt it reveals the true and fundamental human psychology, but I still can’t accept it. Maybe I am just too civilized.
Survival of the fittest? I think survival of the smartest instead.
Brawn + no brain = Brute force. Brain + no brawn = Weakling. Brain + brawn = Good combi.
Nature is fair, I believe.
At least I hope so.
shermon blogged @ 1:20 am
0 comments