Saturday, September 16, 2006
blog
Sometimes, some things just seem so familiar, yet somehow I just cannot put a finger as to how I have experienced that thing before. For some faces, it seems as if I have seen them somewhere, sometime ago and yet I cannot exactly tell what is so familiar about it.
Funny how the human mind works eh? Anyway ee sin was telling me about how he dreamt about how his gc's batteries went flat during promos and pointed out that some stuffs from his dreams did happen in real life. I told him that it was nothing more than déjà vu. Somehow, somewhere in his subconscious mind is attempting to remind him of the dangers of not bringing spare batteries for maths promos. Maybe I should stick a mental note somewhere to do this also to prevent the prophecy from happening on me.
Anyway, for the 2nd time in 2 days, I nearly alighted at the wrong mrt station. Everytime the train pulls into buangkok station, my subconscious mind which is still in need of an update, instructs me to alight as the station last time after hougang isn't buangkok, but sengkang. Somehow, while listening to music, I am brought into this semi-hypnotic state where my subconscious mind starts to take over my activity. It is really scary. Hypnosis and déjà vu occuring at the same time. What am I becoming?
Today during econs, I nearly got drawn into a 'wang vs shermon' war-of-words. I have tried every mean and way possible to avoid that for more than a year, yet today I got drawn into it. I think I was partially willing to get drawn into the war-of-words as I was rather confident of holding my ground today, but fortunately the war-of-words got nipped in bud.
I am someone who does not believe in fighting a lost cause, a losing war. Rather than dying, whether spectecularly or not, for one's cause, I believe it will just be better if you keep yourself alive, do a tactical retreat and fight, and hopefully a winnable war, for your cause another time in the future.
As they say, "Live another day to fight another day". What good can you do your cause if you die prematurely for it? As long as you still have a breath left, you have the ability to contribute to your cause.
There were some who chose to go the other way. We shall not judge them now. That's history's job, not ours. Let them live peacefully in our memory and in the other world they are in.
Life is just so fragile. There's only one chance in life. Use it well, treasure it well.
Before it is gone.
shermon blogged @ 4:04 pm
0 comments