Monday, May 22, 2006
blog
Slept at 2am last night because I was chatting with someone on msn. She was piahing a reflection and we kept talking until like it was 2... Felt really sleepy after that.
Today I embarrassed myself on the MRT. The fatigue set in. I leaned on a pole and try to get some sleep. Then, this sequence of unfortunate events occurred:
1. Eyes close
2. Body relax
3. Brain starts slowing down
4. Muscles relax
5. Finger muscles also relax
6. Grip on fingers began to decrease
7. Plastic file held by my fingers experienced decreasing grip force
8. Grip force decreases to 0
9. File enters free fall
10. File hits ground
11. KE converts mainly to sound energy
12. An audible 'pop' dropping sound was heard in the train carriage
13. Heads start turning
14. Brain goes into alert mode
15. Eyes open wide
16. Looks around, realised file is dropped
17. Feels embarrassed
18. Pick up file
19. Pretend nothing has happened
20. Continue sleeping, but ensure sleep not deep enough to repeat the whole cycle
I was quite lucky. The sturdy file did not crack apart and no security comes to investigate about the 'pop' sound which could have been a small bomb exploding. Otherwise, the trip home was rather uneventful. No pretty or cute girls along the way.
I recalled I read a story where it says that the 1st person to say goodbye gets the advantage as it shows that he/she was the willing side and the other side has no choice but to accept the farewell unwillingly. Weird reasoning but still worth pondering.
What would you do if you see a wounded animal being constantly attacked by a group of people? Would you join in the 'fun' or rescue the animal? What if it is not an animal, but a human? To complicate matters, what if the person is someone you do not like from day 1? Should I listen to my irrational mind that tells me this is my best chance of showing my displeasure or should I listen to my rational mind that tells me I should not be attacking someone who is down already? Currently, the devil's advocate in me is in control, but after the irrational exuberance, I should really take some time off to cool down and think rationally, should I just listen to the angel's advocate and just do what is right or should I follow my emotions?
The world is not only black and white. Often, we find the existence of grey patches. Right and wrong is often just separated by a thin line. Where is that thin line for me? How do I choose between what seems right and what seems wrong? Emotion or rational decision? It is very difficult.
Maybe, meanwhile, I should trod down the middle. Neutrality may just be the best option now for me.
shermon blogged @ 6:47 pm
0 comments