Monday, May 01, 2006
blog
Now May finally arrived! It's May 1st and Happy Labour Day to all. I remembered this quote from Antz about labour.
Worker ant: You do not know what labour is when you have not been down there digging tunnels.
Queen ant: You do not know what labour is when you do not spend the rest of your life giving birth every 30 seconds.
It is something like that. I forgot the exact words, but it is something along that line. LOL at it.
Today, I scoured through the cabinet of VCDs and CDs and tried to search for my Best '99 CD. I did not find it (as expected), but surprisingly I found the 65th anniversary CD-ROM my pri sch gave out back in 1998. I had been searching for it a few weeks before and I stumbled upon it today. Opened up the CD-ROM and guess what? I got all the P3 class photos of people in PCPS during 1998. That included people like kuan fu, yejie, ming kiat, kenneth hor, alex ang (gasp!), yi rui, lewis, alwyn, patrick, yiyan, zhi yong, daniel seow, andrea (at least for those who were in rj) and a whole lot of others. Nostalgic, ain't it? Seeing yourself like 8 yrs ago and wondering how carefree or innocent (erm...) you were at that time and how everyone has changed over the years... Imagine how different paths everyone has taken over the past 8yrs... Ya, I saw the girl who committed suicide in sec 3 in the photos as well. At least, there's still this small piece of history that we share...
Haha, nostalgia overflow again. When I start looking backwards, I know that it is because I face an uncertain future and I look backwards to search for security which I feel the future is not able to provide me with. Didn't the China in Ming dynasty do that as well? Everyone knows the result. It is not good to keep looking backwards for too long.
I am just searching for scant comforts along the way, including the knowledge that dropping out of the NOI training team for next year will at least free up some time for other stuffs.
Anyway, I have decided to keep crashing sarge's chem lectures on thurs afternoons so that I can have an extra lecture to review whatever stuffs I learnt in the chem lectures on thurs mornings.
I think PAP is trying to make a mountain outta a molehill with the Gomez incident. I hope people start to get sick of it, esp after you keep repeating it day after day, night after night, rally after rally, interview after interview. Let's hope they do not do a Republican in the way they destroyed John Kerry's image.
BTW, I was wondering, if votes are meant to be secret, then why in the hell do they put a barcode on the voting slips? I am considering writing to the forum column and hope the elections department get destroyed and some ministers can disgraced and they have to resign (extreme case) or they just cover it up (by not publishing it). After considering the potential benefits and losses, I think I shall just plant the seed of doubt here and let others spread it and seed doubts in others too. Planting seeds of doubt is better than going straight on cos you are just raising a question, not make an allegation.
shermon blogged @ 5:25 pm
0 comments