Monday, May 08, 2006
blog
Mingqing was the smart person when he bought a Rubik's cube from a senior. The incident goes as follows. Last last friday, I found this Rubik's cube under my table in B21. I took it out, played with it and put it on the table. After class, this senior came in to collect his cube and Mingqing offered $1 for the cube, which the senior gladly accepted.
The cube brought back fond memories of the mania 4L had last year of Rubik's cube where everyone know how to solve at least 2 layers. Weibong the pro showed off his 1337 cube solving skillz in front of us today at the canteen and all the girls went 'Wow!' when he solved it. (I bet he liked that. He could not resist solving it the second time).
Anyway, let Popular, J8 and Compass Point be damned for not even having a single place selling Rubik's cube. Both branchces at J8 and Compass Point do not even sell it and after walking like the whole Compass Point and J8, I gave up on my quest to buy one when I could not even find something that resembled one in both shopping centres despite spending like 1 hr in total. Anyway, an unexpected find in Compass Point Mini Toons was a bigger version of the soft toy dogs I have (I thought they went out of production). Now I know what to give as birthday presents =)
Nothing really spectacular happened over the weekend except for General Elections. My parents waited till late afternoon before voting (my mother was rather excited -___-" cos she is voting for the 1st time at the grand old age of 39 years old). Basically, PAP just steamrolled all opposition except Potong Pasir and Hougang. WP in Aljunied came close, but pragmatism still reigned in S'poreans.
My paternal grandfather's life is now like hanging by a thread after he is infected with pneumonia in the hospital. It is just a matter of how long he lasts now. His passing is inevitable now. The only problem is the freakin' taboos that they have for the 100 days after his passing, like not wearing anything with bright colours (eg green, red, yellow, orange). OMFGWTFBBQ I have like only 1 set of proper clothes that fit that criteria. Worse still, these 100 days will most likely cover the June holidays, unless he survives past June, but that would be an absolute miracle. That means outings will be inconvenienced. Bleah. Shall not complain. Perhaps it is high time I start renewing my wardrobe for some darker and 'cooler' colours. Black is quite in now, so maybe I will look more 'in' =)
MI3 is erm action packed but don't go for the plot. The plot for MI is better. MI3's plot is comparable to MI2, but MI3 cooler actions, better scenery and better looking actresses. Of course, how to forget the sexy orange sports car they showed in the Vatican part...
Blah, that's probably all for today. Wishing some1 good luck for her council elections and hope she gets in. Also, wishing Michelle and Muthu happy bday!
shermon blogged @ 5:23 pm
0 comments