Thursday, April 13, 2006
blog
Have not blogged since the last post. Well, it seems that my granduncle passed away peacefully. I did not cry when his body got pushed into the crematorium's furnace. Perhaps to him, death was a better choice than living and continue suffering with his chronic illness. No doubt he will be missed, but if he is better off in death, then let him be.
Bah, that's chapter is closed. Now back to daily life. On Tuesday, CQ and the leg pressing machine contrived to injure me. Basically, when I applied pressure, the weights on the other side suddenly disengaged. My foot slipped and the corner of the pedal scrapped my right shin. (Thankfully the corners were rounded) I did not realise that the cut was quite deep, but then CQ and co. pointed it out and I realised that it was quite bad. To cut long story short, it did not stop bleeding and as a result there are some bloodstains on my pants. I went to see the doctor and he said the cut was not deep enough to warrant a stitch, yet not shallow enough to heal easily. My paranoid mother pressured the doctor to give me a 1 day MC ytd as the bleeding did not stop. Somehow it stopped yesterday. I was quite angry with my mother and as a result I refused to wake up until 12 noon. Anyway, I spent ytd's afternoon quite productively as I finished 80% of the beta interface for RECAS.
Today went back to school. The lessons were zzz-inducing. The lecturer made Organic Chemistry look boring (how was that even possible in the first place?). Maths tutorial was crap and we were let off after 1 hour of Physics practical during which we checked our tutorial 5. However, the fact was that 99% of the class were not paying attention as the smart class decided to save an electronic copy of the tutorial answers in a thumbdrive (my shuffle) while she was not around.
Went for recas interview today. Much longer than the one I had for council (and hopefully much better luck). They asked all sorts of random questions (eg if you were to be a fruit, which one will you be? what is your dream girl? will you let your best friend get the chairman position if both of you are gunning for it, ceteris paribus? which do you prefer to be, the hammer or the nail?). I answered Onion for the fruit question (although onion ain't a fruit, so I had to find a close substitute of my idea, teh banana). As for the dream girl question, I was like laughing thru it, but the answers came out quite easily anyway.
Next, peijie is confirmed to be at the bottom of the suan chain in 6h now. You see, she got suanned by han while not being able to suan him back (how hard can that be?). After lunch, she started throwing a flour-filled balloon on the table, saying tt the balloon was han and she was throwing him. I pointed to the table and said, "This is peijie." Double suan. First, she is throwing han on her. Next, han is hitting on her. GGowned. Next, she was carring the family of seals(Han's birthday presents). I pointed to the biggest one and said that was han, the medium one as mrs han and the small one as han jr. Hui Lin said, "No. Mrs Han is not that one. Mrs Han is that," pointing to peijie. GGOwnedx2.
Han and Cq decided that their latest ambition is to be actors. The primary reason, according to my 1337 mind-reading skillz, is to be up close and personal with the beautiful, sexy, chio actresses. But according to han, both of them "want to be actors to appreciate the full artistic value of films." As a result, there was a background cough which sounded very much like "Brokeback".
Today my mother gave me a scare when she said my comp could not boot up. I went home, looked at the boot up screen and said, "Give me 5 mins." She refused, asking me to change out of my uniform first and nagging something like how my '5 mins' will turn to 2 hours in the end. In the end, I unscrewed one side panel, plugged out the power cable for the hard disk and attached a new power cable head. Took me less than 2 mins in all. Everything was working. My mother was owned this time round. Seems like I have to stop her from shutting down my comp. She shut it down last night. The last time she shut the comp down, my comp died (very badly).
I think bday presents must be chosen carefully. You see, a certain E remarked on tuesday about how I plan to give a flobberball to a certain Y for her birthday. He intended (which he eventually did) to fold drinking straws into roses and give it to her (she was quite happy about it anyway). He then asked me how come I gave a flobberball? I said, sarcastically, that I do not want to send any wrong messages and flobberballs, unlike roses, tend to send more neutral messages. That did stop him from probing my choice of gift as a result. Seems to me that he has not given on her yet, still folding roses from drinking straws (btw he koped quite some straws from the bubble tea shop together with H to make roses, but found out that those straws were not suitable, hence he had to scour late at night for straws, which he eventually found at home). Perhaps I should like give more sincere bday presents. However, I still rather hesistant about it as my handicraft, to be rather honest, is wretched at best, disastrous at worst.
Phew that was a long post. I was typing midway thru this when sarge asked me to blog more. That's all for now me thinks.
shermon blogged @ 5:52 pm
0 comments