Thursday, April 27, 2006
blog
How do you know an election is coming (no matter how big or small)? It is when people start to become nicer to you and start treating you better (Progress Package, anyone?).
Perhaps rj is a microcosm of Singapore. Before our leaders decided to hold a GE, we start with the all the elections for council and the various CCAs. Several deserving people got in and some undeserving ones got in too while some deserving ones did not get in, never m
ind about those rejected undeserving ones.
Next, I was rather disappointed with myself over the past weekend really. Firstly, I failed to secure a comm place in recas, but then again, considering the time I joined recas, perhaps I was askign too much. Next, got less than what I expected in geographica. Maybe it was really misjudgement on my part, but I landed a 'newly created job' in the exco. Sounds like I am surplus to the exco and my position is just like erm, a consolation. However, from Monday, I convinced myself that since it is a new position, it is up to me to define the job scope and set the bar, which is a challenge in itself. There's always a silver lining in every cloud and I believe I found the silver lining for this one. Nevertheless, I shall be sporting and just congratulate all those who got into the comm for recas (Lock and Co) and geographica (Max and Co).
Seems like my last hope of getting a proper comm position still comes back to csc and it seems a bit ironic that just a few weeks ago I was contemplating quitting it. Maybe it was not such a wise decision after all. I shall just hope for the best. I can't ask for much anyway.
Anyway, today during Physics mock spa, I read that the distance between the rulers should be 50 cm so I cut 50 cm of strings without accounting for the string needed for tying the loops. Then, my 1337 campcraft skills took over as I attempted to salvage the situation with 2 well-tied reef knots. Dunno if the assessor was like LOling with my attempt. Then, had to reset my GC because my scientific calculator died on me in the morning and the phyx tutor refused to allow us to not reset the GC.
Crashed sarge's chem lecture in LT3. Nothing much really and just went thru what was went thru in chem lecture in the morning. Then, went to J8 with sarge and taru and 2 of their classmates to eat long johns. The counter girl quite attitude and I resisted the urge to cancel my order. Anyway, after that saw leserbelle and sarge said wanted to tail her, but she and her female partner went into macs and called a premature end to his plans.
On the MRT home, at Kovan, I saw this man who looked like Bishan Gay from the back. I was horrified as to why Bishan Gay now became Kovan Gay, until I looked closer and saw that he was not Bishan Gay. What a relief. Thought he shifted target to NEL.
Yesterday, I googled Mission Impossible for images in my attempt to get the MI3 logo. The first result was not what I expected, but it is nice anyway. Michelle even said that it was 'so cute'.
shermon blogged @ 8:08 pm
0 comments
Profile
name: ong kah han shermon
b-day: 12 feb
pri sch: pei chun public school 1996->2001
sec sch: raffles institution 2002->2005
jc: raffles junior college 2006->2007
bmt: cougar coy, platoon 3, 01/08
ocs clm: delta wing, platoon 1
ocs svc term: air wing, flight 3
ocs pro term: afs, c3 wing
unit: ???
ccas: rinpcc, ricsc, rj club alchemy, recas
Photos
Graduation Night 2007