Sunday, April 02, 2006
blog
It has been 3 days since I last blogged. Some things happened during these few days.
On friday, it was really unlucky for me. First, I broke my first lab instruments in Chem prac. I knocked 2 conical flasks together and somehow I knocked them together too quickly and 1 got shattered. Next, when taking my file outta the compartment of the chem lab bench, I forgot that my gc was on top of it and hey, I promptly dropped it to the ground. Luckily, the gc is more hardy than most electronic stuffs and it is still usable. Then, when I went out with the class to eat at pastamania, I realised that there was only $2 left in my wallet, which is not enough to get anything decent at pastamania. Hungry and defeated, I took 13 home. However, to rub salt into my wound, there was just 45 cents in my ez-link card. It was just enuff to last me for the 13 trip. When I alighted at potong pasir mrt, I was horrified to find that I had $0.00 left in my ez-link card and thus unable to take the train home. I had no choice but to call my parents to come and pick me up there. Must have been due to the extreme fatigue I was feeling that day or it was just a bad friday for me.
Anyway, yesterday i went for this general affairs competition in nus wif hq and wally. the prelims was rather difficult but we managed to scrape thru. (we did not expect that and were rdy to go home aft the prelims). then the finals' 1st rnd was a pyramid-styled rnd, with 1 person giving clues about a certain object and the other 2 have to guess. I was the descriptor. When the word 'media' flashed on the screen, I said, "In gp, we learnt that what was overbearing?" Hq being hq, answered, "The government" instinctively. The whole LT laughed. Anyway, we managed to scrape thru to the 2nd rnd of the finals together wif the other rj team (incl. kleong) and some zai nus team becos the vj team skipped some simple words (eg turin, anfield). in the 2nd rnd, we started out badly but managed to get thru to the 3rd rnd wif the highest score anyway with the other rj team knocked out. in the finals, we were hopelessly outclassed by the nus team. hence, we lost the title and had to settle for 2nd, but it was gd exp anyway. By the way, i filled my water bottle with hot water and there was a wierd smell. Looking at the bottom of the water bottle, it said "7: PC". So, it was not heat resistant and it was made of polycarbonate. -_-'
On the way home yesterday, I was talking with kleong over a wide range of issues. Turns out that he is not as bad as most people make him out to be. However, given his quiet nature, it is unlikely that he will even bother to refute these views.
Lastly, I was pondering today why some people hate proud people but yet think that you are suanning them when you try to downplay certain things. It is really a confusing world.
Perhaps life is just the best demostration of Game Theory. Is life really just a zero-sum game?
In the end, it does not even matter. You will lose out in the Game of Life anyway. You end up with Death.
shermon blogged @ 10:14 pm
0 comments