Tuesday, April 04, 2006
blog
No amount of mental preparation can ever prepare for a cold dose of reality. Even if you have the best mental preparation, there's always this nagging little hope of a miracle happening at the back of the mind. However, when reality sets in, all hopes for a miracle is gone. Gone. Simple as that.
Today I knew the full meaning of 全军覆没. When looking through the list of council nominees who got through, I did not find my name on it (kinda expected). Worse still, I was scanning the list for anyone in my class who got thru. A quick scan and it seemed that very few people in my class got it cos the 6G and 6I list was occupying some space (esp. 6I). A closer look revealed that NONE in my class got in. All 8 people in my class just got owned. We are one of the few classes to confirm not have any councillors today.
To rub salt into the wound, I saw 'Ho Sheng' near the top fo the list at the start. Told Muthu over msn abt it and he said he was surprised that he got thru while no one in my class got thru, considering that he know some of the people in my class quite well. I really, and sincerely, hope that Ho Sheng has changed for the better or else I can't envision him in the council or MR's house directorate.
Anyway, I decided that I shall vote kleong no matter what cos he is a poor little thing. He has been thru 2 failures and he should not be put thru a 3rd one.
So for now, it's back to doing work, doing work and doing work. Have to step up a gear in geographica, recas and com sci. The 2nd one I do not have hope of exco position, but I think i might have an outside chance if kleong and xue yang get into council. as for the other 2, it is really up to myself now. besides, now i can just fully devote my time to h3 and trying to qualify for the nus h3 econs module.
to say that i m not disappointed is a blatant lie, but somehow, i have just decided that the best course of action is to accept whatever happens and just move on. there's no point dwelling over it.
moving on. that's my maxim for this week. and the maxim not only applies to this thing only. i think it might be of use in other things as well.
shermon blogged @ 9:18 pm
0 comments