Sunday, March 26, 2006
blog
Weekends just come and go so fast nowadays that I barely had the time to register their presence.
Just looking thru class photos of the past and saw these nice little p6 and k1 class photos where everyone was just smiling out of the photo innocently (ok not tt innocent) forever and more. Just can't imagine how everyone, incl. me, have changed over the past few years. We have all trodden down very different paths and some, whom I am still in contact with, have just changed to a completely different person and I would say that the change was not really positive. Nevertheless, I still believe in that everyone is still essentially good at heart. No matter how bad you have turned into, you are still human at heart and you are still subjected to the influence of your emotions. I guess even Hitler was still essentially good at heart, just that nothing could have dug out that piece of goodness.
Nostalgia struck again. Last year, sundays were the days when we just rushed chinese homework. I remember mondays used to be assembly and then chinese before recess. Somehow, wei ling never failed to turn up for every single chinese lesson and she is like inhuman person. She did not take a single MC throughout the year.
A visit to the hospital today just showed me how fragile human life can be. I saw people in ICUs who looks like to be just kept alive with the huge array of machines beside them. Somehow, I just realised that life is just a struggle to be alive, not just only about enjoyment. Perhaps this is why the medical field is one of the most important in our modern society. However, with the ever-increasing range of lethal viruses and bacterium and ever-diminishing arsenal of medicines to fight these viruses and bacterium, I wonder how long the medical field will last before it finally collapses, having run out of options to combat diseases.
I hope that day never comes. Man is always adapting and evolving to the situation around him.
Just like viruses and bacterium.
shermon blogged @ 10:00 pm
0 comments