Friday, March 17, 2006
blog
Sometimes, I really wish that the person making the decision ain't me. The responsibilities and burdens that come after making that decision often comes back to haunt me later.
However, sometimes, I transfer the burden of making these decisions to others. At least, for whatever decisions that they make, my job is to follow the decisions and at least I do not have to feel guilty if the decisions goes horribly wrong.
There are times, however, that I cannot transfer this responsibility of decision-making to others. The decision making process is a painful one, but one has to go thru it as part of life. At times, making decisions can only be done by oneself as only oneself is in the situation where he can make the best judgement. At other times, it is best that he consult others for a range of opinions as he does not really knwo the wholistic picture of the scenario.
Is it possible for one to outsource his responsibility to make decisions? Is that why we select leaders to help us do the decision making process? I guess it is possible to outsource our responsibility to make decisions, but for how long, and for how many decisions? There will come a time when the decision can only be made by oneself and if we are reliant on outsourcing the decision-making to others, who can help one make that decision?
I guess there are many unanswered questions in this world. This is probably one of them.
shermon blogged @ 9:01 pm
0 comments