Obligation can be a troublesome thing sometimes. You see, today was the perfect day to pon CSC. It was raining, cooling, just nice for a sleep, RECAS ended late, the comp lab was locked because teacher not here etc. Yet, I found my brain dragging my feet to the IT activity room. In there were some J1s (not more than 5 I think) and mostly J2s. They were supposedly doing micromouse although I saw bridge games. I wanted to go home, but something just told me to stay. Then, after like about 10 mins, the teacher finally came with the keys to the comp lab and we went there. Then, it was downhill all the way. Since pangwei was not here to teach programming while people like willy were at odac, it was just like stoning in front of the comp for me. For the first time ever, I find myself looking at the clock and wanting it to strike 5 in a csc training. I started to question myself, what is the point of me joining csc in the first place? Was it that I was generally interested in programming? I am afraid I saw signs of my interest in algo programming slipping last year. Probably failure to qualify for NOI made it worse. Then, what else can I do in csc? Micromouse? There was a reason why I left mmouse alone last year. Multimedia? Jon Chua can eclipse me any time, hands down. Is there really no place in csc for me? I am beginning to think so with every training, but yet an obligation just seem to be dragging me to burn those 3 hours every wednesday. Perhaps I should just find somewhere in csc where i can fit in, but it seems to be nowhere now. Why do I feel the obligation? I do not know. Should I quit csc? I am seriously thinking about it. I am really confused. Probably an advice or 2 might help, but I am still just stuck in limbo.
shermon blogged @ 8:20 pm
name: ong kah han shermon
b-day: 12 feb
pri sch: pei chun public school 1996->2001
sec sch: raffles institution 2002->2005
jc: raffles junior college 2006->2007
bmt: cougar coy, platoon 3, 01/08
ocs clm: delta wing, platoon 1
ocs svc term: air wing, flight 3
ocs pro term: afs, c3 wing
unit: ???
ccas: rinpcc, ricsc, rj club alchemy, recas