Sunday, March 05, 2006
blog
I was reading about Schrodinger's Cat paradox today. Basically, it states that whenever we take a measurement, we are actually affecting the measurement by affecting the outcome. In fact, we may not have known the outcome otherwise. Read it
here. It sounded familiar to this fallacy of Hypothesis Contrary to Fact. For example, if we take an action A, we can never exactly state what would have happened if we did not take action A.
Linking back to reality, some people asked why I did not choose to enter GEP at pri 3. They reasoned that I was deprived of 3 years of GEP education in primary school. True, I must say. However, at that time, this decision seemed the most logical to me. In fact, I can never safely say that I would have embarked on this route of mine if I entered GEP at that time. I probably would not have came to RI, got into RP, know the wonder batch of RIGEP05 and come into RJ. I would have never got to know the nice classmates I had in primary 6.
Often, in life, I find myself coming to a crossroad where I often have to make a decision that meant forgoing other things and making sacrifices. I believe there's no absolute right or wrong, black or white decision. The world was never black and white to start with in the first place. The grey areas are simply there to make life more interesting. The most important thing is that, whenever I choose on a certain path, I must fully believe in my decision to pick it and embark on it no matter the difficulties there. I must not choose to look back in the future and dwell on the 'what ifs'. There's should be no regrets over my decision since it is quite impossible for me to tell what I would have become on the other path anyway.
Therefore, it is best to make a decision, embark on it, do not look back and move on without regrets. If you felt you have missed out on something important, do not let it impede your path and move on instead.
shermon blogged @ 2:40 pm
0 comments