Tuesday, March 07, 2006
blog
Just reflecting on my behaviour this 2 day has made me shudder. In these 2 days I have suanned more people than I have did over the past 3 weeks. In these 2 days I have done less homework then I have done in the past weekend. In these 2 days I have walked more than I have walked for the past week. But in these 2 days I have learnt more than what I have learnt for the past month.
Bitchiness, back-stabbing, suanning, looking at the other spectrum of Singaporeas, disintegration of certain entities, parting... It was really overwhelming, but it was fun while it lasted! When normal schedule resumes tomorrow as we settle down into the grinding daily rhythm, all the fun that we had during Orientation will no doubt go further back into history. Just wondering, how many people will even bother to turn up for OG BBQ next Monday? I seriously have half a mind not to go, but then giving up at the wrong time is an option for the weak, so I shall not resort to that option.
Looking back, 2 months passed rather quickly. In that time, I forgot the moves of the batch dance, I forgot that certain people existed in the OG and I seem to have lost the spirit of the OG. 1 month ago, one guy in my OG said his senoir mentioned that OGs get replaced by class like 3 months into school term. Seems like my OG is quite 'on schedule'.
Anyway, just read wen hao's blog. He was talking about Rafflesians going for sprints rather than marathon. It is really in our culture to just do last minute work and focus all our energy for that last stretch or that last burst. The thing is, we usually make or break the result. A marathon guarantees you a warmed up engine that might be a bit slow, but a sprint may give you a good performance, but it might get destroyed anytime. Sprint or marathon? I believe each has its own merits. Perhaps a good way is to find a compromise? Said easier than done.
Sometimes, it takes something special to highlight any negative areas we have. For example, my monitor protector has some minor stains which is totally invisible on white background. However, only when I change to a dark background will these stains start to appear. Isn't it same in life when it usually takes something special for us to realise our own mistakes? Sad, but true.
P.S. I am really bored recently and my blog posts have increased with my boredom. Just finished econs essay though, so ggxx to those in 6H who does not hand up tomorrow cos I already told them that they are safe as long as I have not finished the essay.
shermon blogged @ 10:44 pm
0 comments