Monday, February 20, 2006
blog
Today, I finally realised how broke I was. Basically, I have less than $20 for the rest of Feb and that translates to about $3 per day for lunch/breaks etc. Factoring in the $4 for the band concert ticket bought from Jeff, that means quite a restrain on food intake. Might as well. Who knows, it might do some good.
Anyway, today while taking 13 home, I realised that I have taken the same bus yet again (SBS 3874). I have taken it last Wed and Thurs with Friday being the exception cos I went home late =P Quite sure I took it last Tues although I did not see the bus number cos 1)The buses came around the same time. 2)The last bell on the left side of the bus is not working on Tuesday and Wednesday. So I guess that makes 4 days. What makes it more interesting is that I actually missed a previous 13 before taking this bus both today and on last Thursday.
Before GP documentary today, played FIFA with Abi on Yiyao's friend's laptop. I was playing happily and was leading 2-0 when Abi decided that he is not used to FIFA and switched to Pro Evolution Soocer 5. Then, he decided to show me, the first timer, how to play PES5 and sadly, I got owned most of the game except I scored on 2 lucky breaks and won 2-0 in the end. Then, Daniel Seow passed by and decided to show his 1337 PES skills and I got outclassed 2-0. After that, I found out to my horror that the FIFA was set at Semi Pro difficulty instead of World Class. Tried to play FIFA with Ivan later on the PS console pad, but it was like fish out of water. Needless to say, I was trailing 1-0 and Abi decided to take over and I left for the documentary because I was late.
On another case. On the online football game Hattrick, the Singapore Cup holder was playing in this Champions League alike competition in Hattrick which brings together the Cup champions and winners of every country's highest league. The Cup winner was playing his first match and I must say that I admire his spirit. His best inner midfielder was injured in the previous league match yet he still did not complain. Then, his 2nd best IM got injured in the game and yet he di not complain again, instead looking optimistic at his result. His team was leading 1-0 in the match until the other team equalised in the last minute. Then, his team got knocked out by an extra time goal. And yet, he did not like blame his loss of players and was quite happy to play in this competition. I must say that his spirit is really commendable and I have come across no more than 3 other players online that have such a spirit. It really shows that some people can take losing in their stride while for others, loss signals the end of everything. Sadly and happily, I am not at either end of this spectrum.
I shall end of with quotes of the day.
"I felt my leg go from under me as I went to block a free-kick. When I looked down, the leg was lying one way and my ankle was pointing towards Hong Kong so I knew I was in serious trouble." -Alan Smith on his injury.
"Sometimes you see beautiful people with no brains. Sometimes you have ugly people who are intelligent, like scientists. Our pitch is a bit like that. From the top it's a disgrace but the ball rolls at normal speed." Who else but the brilliant Jose Mourinho?
shermon blogged @ 7:27 pm
0 comments