Sunday, January 15, 2006
blog
I could not decide whether to make this a reflection post or a post about mundane things that happened. In the end, decided to just incorporate both.
First, on Friday, went Swensen's for OG lunch. Not everyone, but sufficiently enough to create a small ruckus at Swensen's. It was the day before Ernest's birthday, so we went there and treated him. Talked about a lot of things, had a nice time. I found something wierd is that girls in my OG like to take photos of the food before they eat it. Then, I ordered a Coit Tower for Ernest and treated him. In the end, I had to share with him cos he could not finish it and I did not order much as I just had lunch with my class barely an hour later. The girls had a wicked idea of taking pictures of me feeding Ernest. I sportingly obliged, but with much disgust. Kudos to being sporting, now whatever dignity I have will probably have been shattered. Should have brought my digicam along so that I could take photos tit-for-tat.
The 2nd funny thing is that Zheng Lei somehow managed to find Clarice's photo on Friendster and she looked quite geeky in that photo and thus she was not exactly the happiest person when Zheng Lei showed everyone in the OG that photo. In the end, Zheng Lei promised to delete it in front of her. Then, when he tried to delete it, this error popped up, "This file cannot be deleted due to a sharing violation." We were like LOL! Somehow it was fate that the photo could not be deleted off his PDA despite numerous tries. The file was only later deleted when Zheng Lei rebooted his PDA.
Now comes the thinking part. Today, I was painting the metal gate of my house and I noted something. I actually met and talked to my neighbours more times during the 2 hours compared to the past 2 ~ 3 months. Has modern lifestyle made us further? Just like during the OG lunch at Swensen's, one girl simply talked on her handphone to her friend where her friend is within sight and barely ten metres away. So much for the modern lifestyle. It just creates barriers around each other.
That's all for now. Somehow I dunno why Sarge mentioned the other blog and why there's a "Bear Friend", but somehow I am not connected with it except that guy is also in RJ now and he has some interest in computer science. Probably should leave him a message and ask him to join CSC =). Thanks a lot Sarge, Max. You found another person to join CSC.
shermon blogged @ 5:09 pm
0 comments