Sunday, January 29, 2006
blog
When I first written the post about my friends, the ones which I have been referring to were those whom backstabbed me even though they seem perfectly fine on the surface. Somehow, those whom I did not intend to offend/hurt felt hurt/offended. If they are reading this, hope that they do not mistake the post as referring to them. However, if they think that the damage is irrepairable, then it is really regrettable and unfortunate.
Anyway, was thinking thru last night about what was the missing crucial thing I forgot to blog yesterday. In the end, I recalled that I wanted to put "Mind Your Own Business". That's the message which I wanted to put across. I do not know what I did to offend them, but then I guess it is something which I should not seek answers, for I may get more than what I asked for in the first place.
Now, away from all the spats and animosity. Today, I overheard a father and a son talking at a traffic junction. The boy basically asked what the 3 different colours of the traffic lights were for. When he asked about the amber one, the father basically said this, "The amber one is to tell the drivers to slow down." It sounded very ironic to me, because to most drivers, when the amber is on, it basically tells them, "Hey, the traffic light is turning red. You better speed up if you wanna beat it." Then again, does everyone do what they preach? I guess it is hard to answer for this question.
Sometimes I wonder, are we all being forced to wear a mask in society? Sometimes I am torn between posting something not entirely truthful and honest here so as not to offend/hurt others, but then at other time, I am asking myself is it truly worth it as this blog is my personal space to express and release anything that has been bottled up within me. In real life, it seems that I cannot get on with normal life without having to mask what I truly think. Is this due to an evolution of society as a whole that we have our fixed rules and regulations bounding what is expected of one another?
There's a reason why I like aeroplanes so much. It is because I feel that everytime a plane soars into the sky, it sort of elevates the people inside it into a realm that's thousands of feet away from the hectic and mundane ground life. Somehow, that few hours in flight is just so detached from reality. Apart from other passengers, all you have are the clouds and the perfectly blue/black sky and probably the sun/moon/stars to accompany you. No doubt with every flight comes a landing and thus a quick trip back to reality, but at least for that brief moment, you were able to escape from all your troubles. That's why I just cannot comprehend why some people just love to bring their laptops onto planes and do work during the flight.
From the optimistic point of view, it probably is better that I cannot be a pilot. In that case, I will enjoy each flight more.
shermon blogged @ 12:20 am
0 comments