Friday, January 27, 2006
blog
Before I start today, I shall thank Gerald Tay and another guy whose comments seem to have given me the rare glimpse of sunlight in the world I hoped to see. No doubt that the impersonation of an innocent guy in the tagboard have darkened the mood, but at least the sunshine was not totally blocked out.
Anyway, starting on what I wanted to say today. First, let's talk about locusts. They are creatures who live together in a swarm, never alone. They fly from one plot of crop to another, seeking to consume and destroy any crops that can keep them alive. Similarly, some people go together in a team, moving from target to target, seeking to destroy one target before moving on to the next one. Somehow, I am the next target for some.
Next, King Cantona once said,
“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea.” I am not too sure what he meant, but then applying in my scenario, this is what I think it is. Some people, like seagulls, perpetually look out for areas to bomboard, destroy or insult. Such actions are their 'sardines'. Their targets? The trawler. They get a satisfaction from doing such things, just like seagulls get a kick out of eating sardines.
I do not know what in the hell I did to offend them, or cause them to have such a great reaction that is more explosive than the combustion of compressed oxygen gas. Also, surprisingly, my blog's hit counter went from 625 to more than 4 digits.
Well, the thing is, if you hate me, come an have an all-out hate campaign against me. Make hate posters about me and paste them at every corner of the school. Flame me in forums, insult me in public. If you want to do something, make it big and spectacular. Why restrict it to only the cyberspace? Why only publish it on your combined blog? Use the power of 'WE' and break me down mentally, rip my 'ego' to shreds, form a united front to bring me back to reality. At the end, we shall see who win. You may win the battle, but you will not win the war. See how did US 'crush' Iraq? They got a war bill running into the hundreds of billions of dollars now. See how did US conduct non-stop bombing of Vietnam for a few months? They got owned by the Vietcong. An enemy that refuses to fight back will only make your war and effort seem stupid.
Before you think about the power of 'WE', think about yourself first. If you cannot find the 'I' in yourself, expect your 'WE' to crumble, cos there's no self to start with in the first place.
I am already immune to personal attacks and such minute insults will not break me down mentally. Try harder, won't you? Personal attacks on my tagboard under a pseudo-nick will only serve to underscore your cowardice. If your cowardice was crude oil, the world will not face an energy crisis now.
Besides, how similar is TEFLON to KEVLAR? I know there's an 'E' in the 2nd place and both have 'L' in the 4th place. One stops bullets, the other helps bullet to penetrate materials better. I can't expect seagulls to tell the difference, can I? After all, if I were to toss poisonous tuna instead, they will still eat the tunas happily, thinking that those are after all mutant sardines.
P.S. I am really sorry for this ranting. I am not really in a good mood today and I hope to complete this outburst before CNY starts. It is not good to start a new year with outbursts. If you felt offended by this post, I am probably talking about you, else you are probably not the one(s) I am referring to.
shermon blogged @ 9:16 pm
0 comments