Friday, November 04, 2005
blog
Finally, after 4 years, we had our grad ceremony and before that, was the GEP farewell function.
The GEP farewell went pretty well with handball matches, class items etc. Really really touching, shows us how much we have bonded as a batch over 4 years (for some, 2 years). In my heart, I really appreciate this sense of unity. Whether it was in inter-class soccer matches, school events, we really showed unity as a batch.
Mr Mag. then gave us all a challenge, that is to be able to congregate like this 10 years down the road. It is a fair challenge, given that 10 years down the road we will probably scattered throughout the planet and living vastly different lives.
Then, on today, came the big one. I had this slight tinge of sadness. After all, today is the last time we will sit in the classroom as a class, in this lively classroom with a scenic painting at the back. No doubt that we will all promote to RJC, but then we will all not be in the same class.
Lala did us a favour by letting us free after like 20 mins or something like that. Then, Alan Lee came to look for us and told us that he will not be in RI next year and gave us some lifeskills-like talk. Well, it is a pity that nice teachers like Mrs Lim Jee Nee and him are leaving while some other not as good ones are not.
Then, we went to the hall for the grad ceremony. As usual, there were people sleeping, including Woo Han and Posef, whom were both sitting beside me. Then, the usual events occurred. The emceeing was really not up to standard with lotsa names pronounced wrongly (however, gar goei's one was not -_-'). Surprisingly, lala said to me,"You have done well in your Maths CT2". I was like, wtf?! Speaking of Maths on grad ceremony seems a tad inappropriate. Probably she has nothing else nice to say to me and vice versa and Maths just provided her an easy alternative. I think I am really getting cynical.
Then, it was followed by a nice speech by Rusdi. Highly humourous and great. Have never heard many speeches better than that. Then, it was boorrrinng Tan Lai Lin who gave a speech reflecting the boring aura she permeates.
After that, we sang the batch song, twice to be exact, the 2nd time standing on chairs. As I was singing, I remembered the first time I was taught this song by my PSLs on the bus to Sarinbum Camp. How fast has 4 years gone by.
It is a sad farewell undeniably. However, even though the paths of all of us, esp the GEPs, may differ later on in life, as long as we all remember this nice little 4 years of time we spent together, having the 'Voices that care' in our heads and the 140+ GEP hearts beating in tandem, I believe that this farewell will not signify the end of a chapter, but merely the continuation of our Raffles Story.
shermon blogged @ 11:17 pm
0 comments