Thursday, October 27, 2005
blog
Disappointing, really. A rather happy day for me yesterday was wrecked because I got 2.8 for English. It is really quite annoying to score a B4 in a subject that is suppose to be easy. To compound my problems, my CT2 essay was marked by Rosie Smith. There were comments of 'nonsense' littered over the place. This made me worried about GP next year. The resounding 19/30 I got did not go down with me very well. For the others, did better than expected, esp Maths. Got 4.0 for it (although maybe 3.6 cos my mark is 79.8). If the grades stay, I would have equalled my best of last year of 3.8. That is still not very comforting given my poor state of English grades. Shall be more consistent next year if the CAs carry marks. Even getting higher than Gar Goei for more than 3 CT papers did not make me any happier. Now have to add English to the 'List for Improvement' during the holidays.
Then, yesterday I thought I met this cute JC girl again on the MRT. However, it turned out to be a lookalike. The feeling of the disappointment was greater than expected, but I calmed myself down, telling myself that meeting someone I do not know on the MRT twice is like striking the Toto top prize twice-close to impossible. Probably I am growing up, but I really need to focus on other stuffs like HCL Os :(
Going onto today, Posef, Liu, Zhong and Woo Han decided to pull a trick on Ah Huat. They put citric acid into his ice mountain 1.5L bottle. When he took a big mouthful of the spiked water, his face turned sour and he just went out of the classroom to spit out the water with the whole class in laughter. He apparently treated it as a prank, 'cause he did not pursue the matter like some teachers (eg !@!@). Kudos to his sporting spirit. Then, the four of them decided to go on a spiking spree and about 80% of our class' water bottles got hit, including mine. Since I decided that mozzies are not going to lay eggs in citric acid, I just dumped the water at the drain outside the classroom. After I cleared my first batch of acid, Daniao got hit and he poured his acid into my bottle. Had to clean up my bottle and fill it with fresh water. Then, Quan spiked it again. Decided against cleaning it up and decided to just go on without water for the rest of the day.
Qualified for the Tech Symposium's oral presentation stage (although I still do not believe it fully). I decided to do a video presentation to test the rules and hopefully impress and blow away the judges and audience. Really hope that this is not some prank or some misreading of the letter by Ah Huat 'cause it really means a lot to me, esp. after not going into the semis of RE with our RE project. I want to make it a really good job this time and get the top prize in the Tech Symposium.
shermon blogged @ 5:53 pm
0 comments