Saturday, October 22, 2005
blog
Sometimes, I just feel that certain people are wasted by circumstances and society. What bright lives they had were destroyed by a certain life-changing event that they can never recover from. Is this bad luck or is it just plain refusal to stand up again on their part? I have witnessed such a case.Today, when I was looking at vehicles, I inadvertently remembered about hubcaps. It was just somewhere in 2002. I remembered not knowing what hubcaps were, because it was used in the 4th Harry Potter book. I then asked my closest friend then, Andrew. He could tell me that they were the stuffs used to cover wheels of a vehicle. Comparing that Andrew to the now apathetic Andrew, I must say that he has changed a lot. He was the top in his primary school and came into RIGEP. It was promising for him. No doubt that he is of an introvert and at certain times refused to have a little bit of suffering (like in the sec 1 orientation camp), but he is a smart guy nevertheless and sometimes I do find him talkative as well.Fast forward to years 2004 and 2005. That Andrew has changed to a person no longer interested in studies, getting no marks for some subjects, listening to lessons as and when he desires. I heard that he had some family troubles in the past few years. He no longer resembled that bright student that I first witnessed in my first few days in secondary school.People say circumstances make heroes, but circumstances can also wreck people. Doesn’t the above example prove my point?
shermon blogged @ 5:19 pm
0 comments
Profile
name: ong kah han shermon
b-day: 12 feb
pri sch: pei chun public school 1996->2001
sec sch: raffles institution 2002->2005
jc: raffles junior college 2006->2007
bmt: cougar coy, platoon 3, 01/08
ocs clm: delta wing, platoon 1
ocs svc term: air wing, flight 3
ocs pro term: afs, c3 wing
unit: ???
ccas: rinpcc, ricsc, rj club alchemy, recas
Photos
Graduation Night 2007